Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SUCCESS! The first Bronze Age Brews!



And Voila! I have just consumed my first homebrewed beer! Its an incredibly delicious weiss. Nearly opaque due to sediment and lack of filtering, it pours light gold in color, with very thick lacing. Has a spicy, yeasty aroma with a sharp carbonation and refreshing taste of citrus and clove notes. It has a crisp yet slightly thick body. Next time around, my brewing partner Evan and I decided to cut back on priming sugars as it was a bit over carbonated. Overall however, this beer is pretty damn good for a first attempt. In addition to sampling this brew, we bottled our long awaited IPA. Due to my impatience I gave the beer a try pre-conditioning. Good shit; super hoppy with a decent earthiness to it just as I had hoped. Can't wait to try the final product.
Through very rough calculations laid out on the chart which came with our hydrometer, we found that each beer is incredibly alcoholic. This would make a whole lot of sense as I have only had three in total and I'm definitely ready to just lay down. No noticeable alcohol taste or big flavors to mask strength in either. Just solid beers with big ABV's. Awesome.

Weiss and IPA labeled by color on caps (you can't tell due to crappy iPhone picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment